QTextBrowser Word Wrap Question

I’m trying to design a Dialog in Qt Designer using a QTextBrowser. I’m completely lost as I’m not finding anything about what I’m trying to do in the documentation.

What I would like to do is make it where multiline text will overflow into a new column of text, as opposed to simply making the QTextBrowser scrollable. The output will be a string representation of “map numbers” that apply to a larger project I’m developing. These numbers are short and it makes more sense for them to fill up the available horizontal space before trying to create additional vertical space.

Is there any way to do this in PyQt? I’m open to other widgets if they could handle the output in the same way. Thanks for any help.

I found an answer. It wasn’t the answer I was looking for, but it works and it works well enough to implement. I’m actually not entirely sure how it works because I’m getting one result in console output and a totally different result from the GUI, but it works. After about an hour back and forth with chatgpt producing error-prone code drawing up a custom abstract class, I settled on preformatting the text into an output string.

If I had to guess, I’d say the textview is just interpreting this as a long string instead of formatted text, but :man_shrugging: it works

I wrote my own string controller that basically word-wraps long sentences before sending them to the GUI.